Saturday, June 8, 2013

Eleven

Eleven years ago I woke up early with a sense of happy anticipation. I spent the morning preparing with family and friends, then at 3pm I married my best friend.


This morning I also woke up early with a sense of anticipation, with my beloved in the bed next to me. We spent a short time preparing, then at 8am we ran a 5k together! The Joe's Run in Fort Worth was my second race and Zach's first. We got cheered on by our kids and parents, ran the whole thing, and crossed the finish line together in 33:29. Together...our favorite way to do most things.

Cheered on by the kids just past the halfway point
The race had a parrot mascot who actually ran the race. He took time to pose with our kids, though.
Post-race picture. What a cute couple!

Life with Zach is not much like I thought it would be eleven years ago. It is so much better.

 

1 comment:

Lenexicon said...

How fun! I love that you ran together. And that this race actually gave you number bibs--such a fun souvenir! Congratulations on 11 amazing years. Here's to the next 11 years (and the 11 after that, and the 11 after that, and...etc.)!