Friday, November 13, 2009

A Not-So-Fun First

Austin threw up in public for the first time today. We were at the library, storytime had just finished, he had asked to be picked up so I was holding him and looking at a shelf of books. Seemed like a perfectly normal morning. Then cough, cough...yuck. Did I mention he had blueberries for breakfast? There will probably be purple stains on the library carpet forever to remind me of this morning. Did I also mention that we walked to the library today, so we got to walk home smelling a little pungent? Thank goodness Austin and I were both wearing layers so we could take off the worst parts of our clothing, which we carried home in a plastic bag provided by our totally wonderful children's librarian JoAnn.

This happens to every mom at some point, right?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bryans first public puke was at V's Restaurant. He was about 2 1/2 and I was pregnant with Brent. Also, whenever we eat at V's we laugh about it....22 years later.
However, it wasnt really funny at the time. Welcome to the club!

Gran Collins said...

Like father, like son! I hope Austin is feeling better! Love, Gran

Lenexicon said...

What, no pictures of this first?? Next time you're at the library, snap a photo of the carpet---it'll be nice addition to Austin's baby book. :-)

Courtney said...

I was in the library just yesterday and only the faintest traces of purple are visible. I feel better.

Lindsey said...

Oh no, Courtney!! We haven't had a public puke (knock on wood) but we have definitely had a HUGE car puke. Wow, that was incredible. It got all over the whole back seat of the van, the carseats, everything. You know when you hear a *splash* behind you while you're driving, you are in for something bad.