Saturday, November 7, 2009

Visiting Gran and Pops

Austin and I headed down to Texas last week to visit his Gran and Pops. As you can imagine Austin had a GREAT time! Gran and Pops quickly became his two favorite people--Austin ran to meet my FIL at the door every night when he came home from work just like he meets Zach at home, and he cried if my MIL so much as left the room he was in.

Gran and Pops picked out his Halloween costume and took him trick-or-treating.

Austin got to try a Three Musketeers. (By the way, how is it that a toddler instinctively knows that a lumpy, brown unfamiliar food is good and snatches it up but turns up his nose at an unfamiliar green vegetable?)

Pops built an awesome house for Austin to play in.



The weather was beautiful and we spent lots of time outdoors.



Bill and Becky's neighbors have some ducks and Austin liked to watch them. We fed them one day. I don't think Austin really "got it" but he liked throwing bread through the fence.


Austin has become a climber. Doesn't he look awfully pleased with himself to be up there?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Austin is the most fortunate of little boys. He is surrounded wherever he goes by people who love him. In the pictures his grandparents look very happy too. Having a chance to show love to a grandchild is probably as good as life gets.

Aimee said...

It's fun to see him climbing...reminds me of when I found Jonathan standing ON TOP of our piano one day!

Gran Collins said...

We sure had a blast with that adorable little boy! Can't wait for Christmas! Love, Gran

Lenexicon said...

I can't wait to see that little boy! I will give him kisses and candy all day long!

Anonymous said...

That's so true about candy...I never thought about it before!!