Monday, August 30, 2010

Two-Month-Old Esther


  • At her two-month checkup this morning Esther was 21 3/4 inches long (yeah, same as last month's measurement, which was probably wrong) and weighed 9 pounds 15 ounces. Some of you have given birth to babies who weighed more than that. I tip my hat to you--I will stick with my six pounders, thankyouverymuch.
  • I'm sure it's because she was early, but Esther still looks like a newborn to me. I can tell she's longer and heavier, but she still makes newborn faces and, well, just looks tiny. I love it.
  • Esther has long, dark eyelashes. Jealous? I am.
  • Her eyes are still dark blue.
  • Esther's schedule is unpredictable. One constant is that she is still quite sleepy. She usually takes a couple looooong naps during the day and several catnaps.
  • She continues to be a pretty good sleeper at night; she has slept through the night five or six times now. Woo hoo!When Esther is awake, she likes to be held. In a certain way that I often cannot figure out. (Translation: she can be kind of fussy.) She is not often happy to sit in her bouncy seat and watch life go on...I am thinking she needs to get used to it, though, with Daddy going back to work full-time this week.
  • I think I got a real smile this week. Maybe. Hard to tell.
  • Esther makes cute little cooing sounds when she's happy.
  • We started cloth diapering Esther this month. She was too tiny for our diapers the first month and frankly, we wanted to get used to life with her before adding the work of cloth. But we started...and then our washer broke about a week later...so we took a two week break...and as of a few days ago she is a cloth-diapered baby again.
  • I can hardly remember what life was like before this little girl was part of it!

3 comments:

Grandma Susan said...

I sure miss that little girl (and Austin, too)! I can't believe she's already two months old.

Lenexicon said...

She looks almost like a grown-up in this picture (just her expression, of course)! Such a good-looking little girl. Can't wait to see her again!

Lindsey said...

Awwwwww! She is so pretty! Thanks for sharing the little tidbits of your new life with her!