Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Life, Lately

I feel like my life has gotten exponentially busier in the last month. It's not away-from-home busyness, it's life-with-two-kids busyness. Between potty training Austin and starting Esther on solids, I estimate I am spending an hour and a half a day either in the bathroom with a toddler or next to Esther's highchair with a tiny spoon in my hand. What did I do with that hour and a half a month ago? Who knows. But I am feeling the changes it has brought to my life. I have never felt like a fantastic housekeeper but now it seems it's all I can do to get the dishes done and keep up with the laundry. I am feeling challenged to really make the most of my time and to not spend "free" (naptime) moments selfishly. To distinguish which activities are wants and which are needs and to accomplish the needs first. To have a heart to serve my husband and children instead of my own desires. To value the time I have with the kids instead of thinking of what else I could do if I had more free time. (Deep breath) Parenting is quite the sanctification process.


So I haven't taken as many pictures as I'd like lately, but here are a few just to prove that we're still around. :)

We bought this to help Austin burn off energy during the long, cold winter. It has been christened the "bouncy bin."

This was officially a Christmas gift for Esther, but Austin takes it upon himself to show her how it works.

He also takes it upon himself to bring her toys. He takes this job seriously, as you can see.

Happy girl playing with rags while I swiffered my bedroom.


2 comments:

Grandma Susan said...

I love the picture of Esther under the pile of toys. Austin is such a sweet helper and Esther is so patient with the piles of love he bestows on her. Also love the bouncy bin. What a great idea!

Gran Collins said...

Thanks for sharing these adorable pics! It is so wonderful that Austin is so sweet and helpful with Esther! They are precious! I know Austin is enjoying the bouncy bin!