Friday, July 22, 2011

Matching

I did not mean to dress my kids in matching clothes today; Austin started the day off in something different but a half hour playing outside in the 90+ degree heat called for a bath and a wardrobe change.  I pulled a shirt and shorts out of the closet for him, then realized when Esther woke up from her nap that I had little twinkies.  So of course I had to take pictures.

We do not have a nice camera; ours is sloooooow.  So while both kids were originally looking happily at the camera, Esther turned away in multiple attempts, maybe so she could see her brother's cheesy smile.

Guess the two and a half hour nap wasn't enough?

He may drive me crazy for large parts of the day but I sure do love this boy.

This pretty much sums up the sibling relationship.

I don't think Esther was trying to hit Austin in the face with the shape sorter lid, but you could only call it self-defense if she did.

Aww, three seconds of happily playing together.  A preview of things to come in future years, I hope.

2 comments:

Grandma Susan said...

So cute. I sure miss those kids! It has seemed awfully quiet here after a week of fun-filled mayhem together.

Gran Collins said...

So glad to see this update! Pops and I have been feeling the very same way for the past month! We miss these kids terribly and don't know what to do with the quiet. They are precious and we couldn't be prouder of them! Thanks for posting this, Courtney!