Monday, December 19, 2011

16 Week Baby Pictures

Today's ultrasound showed two healthy babies!  Unfortunately we don't have any pictures of the two of them together but we like these profiles.  Do they look the same? :)  Like last time, Baby A is blurrier because Baby B is in front; I think they will remain that way because of where the membrane is between them.  The tech kind of had to smoosh the probe into my side to even see Baby A.  Baby B is a bit bigger than Baby A but both are measuring within the normal range, so again no signs of TTTS.  We didn't get to see a lot of wiggling around because our tech was doing the measurements quite quickly; it would have been nice to just sit and watch the babies for awhile.  Oh well, can't complain when we get to see them so often.

Because you're all wondering, yes, we know the gender but we are planning to tell our families in person before revealing it to the world at large.  In fact (guilty smile) we found out at the 13 week ultrasound.  Since we're having all our ultrasounds at a level 2 facility you can see the gender ridiculously early--we were not expecting to know until today.  So sorry, you will just have to wait a bit longer but it won't be a secret forever!




A little foot!  So tiny!  So adorable!

One small area of concern: yesterday and today I felt what I'm pretty sure were Braxton Hicks contractions.  I was pretty surprised, being only 16 weeks along.  They felt a bit different from what I remember with Esther and Austin but of course my uterus is much smaller than when I had BH contractions near the end of my other pregnancies.  I was thankful to have an appointment today so I could ask the doctor about this.  He said that since my cervical length is fine and I'm not having any other symptoms of early labor, the contractions are just my body telling me to take it easy.  And indeed, after sitting for awhile and drinking some water, the contractions went away.  But this does give me some concerns about the rest of my pregnancy.  If today's activity was too much (and I really wasn't doing a lot), then day-to-day life in a few months could be very difficult.

5 comments:

Grandma Susan said...

What beautiful profiles. I am sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear whether they are boys or girls. Just a few more days to go! Can't wait to see you all.

Aimee said...

So when will we all get to be privy to the gender news? We're dying here! Well, yesterday I was thinking about it and my gut was saying girls but when I saw the pictures today I sort of feel like they are boys! The suspense!

Aimee said...

Ok, you're gonna laugh but I just looked at the pictures again and I changed my mind. My guess is girls...can't wait to find out if I'm right or wrong! =)

Lenexicon said...

You take it easy!! Rest up, don't want those babies coming even earlier than they have to! And I can't wait to find out if I will have more nieces or more nephews! Either way is exciting! (lots of exclamation! marks! in! this! comment!!!)

Anonymous said...

I think boys.
Linda Conley