Sunday, December 18, 2011

Nativity Cookies

This weekend we continued what I have tried to make an annual family Christmas tradition (although I think we missed last year, oops): making nativity cookies. It was especially fun because Austin is old enough to really participate in the kitchen.  We made the dough last night, then rolled and cut out the cookies tonight as we talked about what each part of the nativity scene meant.  Austin's favorite was the baby Jesus; he wanted to cut out lots and lots of those. He even picked a Jesus when it was time to choose a cookie to eat and it was by far the smallest!  I thought he'd go for a camel for sure.









2 comments:

Grandma Susan said...

Austin did a great job of cutting them out and they look delicious!

Aimee said...

Where did you find Nativity cookie cutters? I LOVE that idea! Off to Amazon, I go! =)