Tuesday, March 6, 2012

27 Week Pictures


I don't want to get all complain-ey, but I gotta say it, this pregnancy is getting hard.  Physically hard, emotionally hard. Random headaches, little pains from my joints loosening up, contractions, plus near-constant worry about whether the contractions are sending me into preterm labor...I just try to focus on getting through one day at a time. And try not to think too much about how many days are (hopefully) left.

Everything looks good right now, though, so much so that my MFM thinks the danger of TTTS is largely past and doesn't want to do another ultrasound for a month.  He also told me yesterday that he thinks the chances of making it to 36 weeks, and therefore delivering at Indiana, are good. Now, I'm a bit skeptical about that. After delivering my last (single) baby prior to 36 weeks, it's just hard for me to believe my body would hang on that long.  I know it would be best for the babies but I'm far from convinced it will happen.  And I really really don't want to deliver in Indiana, then discover one or both babies has a problem and needs to be sent to the NICU and hence away from me.  Been there, done that, trying to avoid a repeat. So that's something I may have to push with my doctors. I toured the maternity center and NICU in Johnstown yesterday, by the way, and really liked them. I would feel very comfortable delivering there and I really like the way the NICU is set up, should we need it.

Babies weigh about 2 1/2 pounds each right now, give or take 5 ounces each.  So I'm carrying a total of 4 to 5 pounds of baby. Goodness.  Feels like a lot more.

3 out of 4 pictures I was given this week were of Baby A's
profile.

And then I got this picture of Baby B's foot!  It was funny
how it appeared several times on the screen so clearly. At one point
this little one was kicking his brother in the behind.  Troublemaker
already. :)

1 comment:

Jill Tomb said...

27 Weeks! Holy moly - you are entering the home stretch! I highly recommend Conemaugh. I had a wonderful experience delivering Jude there. I wanted to mention that I would love to do newborn photos of the twins for you as a baby gift. Let me know if you're interested. :)
Hang in there! You're doing (and looking) great!!
Jill