Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Another Month Gone Already?

Goodness, I was doing so well at blogging for awhile and then what happened? Got on a roll, I guess, and then off it again!

So what have we been up to? Let's see...Zach took the big kids to the zoo. I stayed home with the babies because I would have spent about 50% of the trip nursing. Not worth it. But apparently it was a good trip.

Elephant in the background. I wonder what Esther is looking at.

The aquarium was the real highlight of the day.
 There have been several more attempts at group shots. This one is a little blurry but otherwise not bad.


In the last couple weeks I feel like I've started seeing differences in the twins' faces. When I pulled this picture up tonight, I guessed correctly who was who.

But in case you didn't, here's the cheat sheet.
Probably our most significant activity of the last month was a weekend trip to Virginia for a wedding, that of Zach's longtime friend James. We stayed in a nice Homewood Suites that had plenty of room for us and all four kids. (Napping twins in one room, playtime in the other--awesome!)  Zach was away with the other groomsmen for part of Friday so the kiddos and I were left to amuse ourselves. Good thing we had a hefty supply of stickers.

Here is how Esther plays with stickers. 1) put stickers on paper. 2) take them
off and put them on legs or feet. 3) take them off again and put them on the floor.
 Then Daddy came back and more hotel fun was had.


Soccer-bowling with duplo pins--it's the next big thing.
And finally the wedding. It was a beautiful, Christ-exalting ceremony and a fun, family-friendly reception. James and Kat, we are so happy for you!

The reception was getting started right around naptime so Esther found a
nice spot for a snooze.
Then it was back to Indiana with Zach's parents and grandfather, who had come out east for the wedding. Our visit was unfortunately marred by nearly all of the adults spending some time under the weather (and perhaps explaining why I have no pictures of Pops--he had it pretty bad), but the kids stayed healthy and loved every minute they could get with their grandparents.

Gran made hats for everyone! Esther especially loves them and sees them as
all-weather apparel.


So that, more or less, is what we've been up to this month. Zach goes back to work for real next week and I will be responsible for these four little people 8+ hours a day. Gulp.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Cute! I have to say, when I saw the pics of the twins my first thought was, "where did their hair go?" and then I remembered that not all babies come with as much hair as Leah! =) I'm glad to hear that you're all doing well and I will definitely be praying for you as you take the reigns solo next week!