Saturday, October 27, 2007

Trick or Treat

Yesterday Zach and I learned, thanks to some of his colleagues, that trick or treating was not going to happen on October 31 here in Indiana, it was tonight! I can only imagine how confused I would have been when the doorbell started ringing if we had not been clued in to this local tradition! It seems that Indiana designates a Saturday close to Halloween and a time (6-8PM) for officially sanctioned trick or treating.

But thankfully we were prepared. We hear that people come from neighboring smaller towns for the candy action here, and I find that easy to believe after seeing quite a crowd come to my door tonight. I had fun passing out candy and saw some cute costumes. My favorite was the little girl, maybe three years old, wearing a chick costume, who was ready to step right over the threshold and come in! Her mom said she had been trying to invite herself into every house all night. So cute!

No comments: