Thursday, March 12, 2009

Whew!

I just finished hosting a neighborhood coffee for the IUP Women's Club. Good thing I decided to have it on a Thursday: it took a little bit of work every day this week (except for yesterday when it took a lot of work) to get everything ready, but I managed even with Austin rolling around requesting attention. I think ten or eleven people came, including a few fellow mommies who brought their kids, and we all had a good time eating and talking. As usual when I entertain, I have A TON of food left. I am already brainstorming uses for the leftover cheese from my cheese platter (quesadillas? pizza?) and if you live in the Indiana, PA area you just might get a surprise gift of baked goods.

But now I am worn out! There are dishes all over the kitchen waiting to be loaded in the dishwasher, platters that need to be washed and put away, a very crumby (that's a word, right?) tablecloth that needs to be shaken out...but I am sitting on my bed reading blogs and facebook updates while Austin naps. Sigh. I will be sorry later if I don't get up and do something about that mess soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Courtney, pamper yourself and relax! It sounds like you deserve it! I am sure that Zach will be glad to help you and I can assure you that the dishes will wait. LOL

Love, Your TX Mom