Friday, March 4, 2011

Dinner

I should probably feel some guilt about what I fed Austin for dinner tonight.  If you can even call it dinner, which is debatable.  Our town's new convention center/athletic complex (the KCAC) opened this afternoon with a public event, and this being a smallish town it was THE place to be.  Seriously, I probably saw 40 or 50 people I know including my dentist, numerous friends from church, and the friend who brought her kids to my house for a playdate this morning.

Anyway, this event included free food.  Food such as giant muffins from our brand new Giant Eagle grocery store, all kinds of Utz brand chips (a regional brand that is the official snack food of the KCAC), and cake.  Austin and I shared a bit of everything.  But that's not all.  The Meadows Frozen Custard opened for the season today and, well, we just had to go--it's been four months.  If you've tasted it you understand.  And since it was BOGO free, I figured the simplest and cheapest thing was to just get two kid-sized cups and give Austin his own.  Which he nearly finished.

So that was Austin's "dinner."  Like I said, I should probably feel guilty about it...but I don't.  I think having a second child is definitely mellowing me out a bit.

1 comment:

Grandma Susan said...

Sounds like Austin had a good time and I'm sure his health won't suffer from ONE fun dinner. Did Esther "ask" you to share with her? Does this mean I get to sneak Austin ice cream & chips when he is here?