Friday, August 26, 2011

R is for Rainbow

We are still doing Letter of the Week activities and this week's letter was R.  Inspired by my friend Miranda's rainbow cupcakes, I decided to make a rainbow cake as a special treat after we finished all of the week's activities.  I was expecting it to just look like colored layers of cake but somehow it turned out rainbow shaped! (Mysterious but awesome.)  Austin helped me count out drops of food coloring and mix the colors into the batter.  As we worked he said "Mommy, this is my favorite treat in the whole world!" about ten times.  Sweet boy.



"Wow, is it my birthday again?"

3 comments:

Gran Collins said...

Tell Austin that Gran loves his cake! I want to come eat some with him! That is amazing, Court! Enjoy!

Grandma Susan said...

I'm impressed...how did you ever do that? What a fun and delicious way to end your lesson. Let me know what letter you'll be doing the 3rd week in September and I'll get my thinking cap on.

Sayling the Range said...

that turned out awesome!!