Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Two Sides of Austin

You certainly couldn't accuse Austin of having a one-sided personality.  While I was changing Esther's diaper in preparation for naptime this afternoon, Austin was sitting on his bed and suddenly started spouting out a few of our memory verses: "Even a child is known by his doings."  "No one can serve two masters."  Then he hummed a few bars of "Jesus Paid it All."  Warm fuzzy thoughts about God's Word being hidden in his heart and "out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks" filled my mind.  But then I was brought back to earth by remembering the conversation Austin and I had on the way home from the county fair not an hour before. "Austin, what was your favorite part of the fair?"  "The animals." "Well, we saw cows, chickens, goats, sheep, and horses; which did you like best?"  "Oh, I like watchin' the cow that was poopin'.  It was goin' on the hay!"

2 comments:

Grandma Susan said...

That made me laugh. A boy's mind is a wondrous thing to behold!

Gran Collins said...

Pops and I had a big laugh over this one, too! The Bible verses are sinking in! Precious!