Thursday, February 16, 2012

Rest Day

This has been a busy week.  Actually, pre-pregnancy it would have been a rather average week, but a minimum of activity makes me feel quite busy these days.  Hosting a book group at my house Monday evening (and the cleaning required beforehand), making cookies for Austin's Tuesday preschool class, morning and afternoon doctor appointments yesterday and craft group last night...it's really not so much to do but I am just exhausted after the last four days!  And I can feel the consequences: more Braxton Hicks than I was feeling last week, despite staying well hydrated..

So today is a Do Nothing day.  It's raining outside, which makes staying in and Doing Nothing even more appealing.  Of course "nothing" is not exactly nothing when there is a three year old and a one year old on the premises, but I'm doing my best.  I brought the computer and a big stack of diapers downstairs this morning in an attempt to minimize trips up and down the stairs.  I'm spending lots of time on the couch while I watch the kiddos play. (Which takes a lot of encouraging; despite the DOZENS of toys in this room they seem to think that if I'm sitting on the couch they should just sit on the couch, too.)  We may very well break our one video a day rule.  And hopefully by the end of the day I will feel better.

No comments: