Monday, August 27, 2007

The First Day of School

Today was Zach's first day of classes at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. His lectures went well, he taught several lessons, and he had his first faculty brass quintet rehearsal. Overall, he likes his job so far. I am so thankful that his first day as a teacher was exactly the opposite of my first day as a teacher in LAUSD: I came home crying and wondering if I could quit, but he is looking forward to his future here. I am so amazed at what a talented, dedicated husband God has blessed me with. Zach has a lot going on right now (starting a new job, preparing for his doctoral qualifying exams, preparing for several performances he's giving in October) and he's doing it all so well. His example helps me be more diligent with my time.



Zach in his office

Sutton Hall, the oldest building on campus

The Oak Grove, home of the campus-wide picnic lunch every Wednesday

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am thrilled that you are blogging Courtney! The "PA" that you have in various places on your blog keeps thowing me off a bit though :). Gruia and I are so excited for you guys. Your home looks great - so much more room too!

Jamie for the PAs :)