Monday, August 20, 2007

Why "psalm1031"?

Ever since we moved to Indiana, PA three weeks ago I've been pondering whether or not I should start a blog to better stay in touch with friends. I finally decided the answer was yes, which brought on an even tougher decision: what to call it! Just about everything I thought of that involved my name was already taken, so I thought of what was really important to me. Psalm 103:1 came to mind: "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name." That is one of the first verses I memorized when I got serious about committing scripture to memory. As John MacArthur explains it, it's a command to our souls to praise the Lord. Everything in me, everything I do, should praise Him. I fall so short of that so often but it's the longing of my heart and will be a lifelong goal.

So here is my blog about my little corner of the planet. I hope my friends and family enjoy this opportunity to see what the Lord has prepared for us in this new place.

No comments: