Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The news we've been waiting for

Baby Collins is a BOY! Nobody in the family was too surprised about that--we are just adding to the large number of Collins men! Zach and I are thrilled to know his gender, though, and to see him for the first time. Our ultrasound (my first) was a truly amazing experience. Our little one waved at us a few times and we saw his little mouth open and close. I'm not sure how long he is but he's measuring almost 20 weeks. (I'm almost 19 weeks along.) God truly works a miracle every time a baby is conceived!

As many of you know, we have been planning to name our boy Austin Zachary. Here are a few of Austin's first baby pictures!

Here he's on his back, looking up, with a little hand in front of his chest.

And here, as the ultrasound tech put it, he's "showing his stuff" so we know who he is!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Hello Austin!

Lenexicon said...

Awwww, so cute! I think he's got your eyes. Maybe Zach's nose. :) I feel like an aunt already!

Anonymous said...

Well, what can I say (since I certainly can't say much for my "gut feelings") =)...how about "Hooray for little boys!" I am so excited for you! God has shown me twice over how sweet little boys are and I'm thrilled that you'll get to experience that precious mother-son bond. We can't wait to meet little Austin!

Anonymous said...

This is so exciting!! I'm definitely feeling like an uncle now. I can wait to spoil little Austin :)

Drollingers said...

Yeah! You can join the boy club! Having a boy is so much fun! Congrats!