Saturday, December 8, 2007

Registering

Zach and I went to Monroeville today, the 40-miles-away location of our nearest Babies R Us, to set up our baby registry. Wow--what an experience! I don't think I have ever made so many choices in one day before. It certainly added to my "I don't know what I'm doing" feelings as a mom-to-be. I mean, a fifteen foot long aisle with nothing but bottles and pacifiers! How in the world are you supposed to choose what is right for the child you haven't met yet?

But...we had fun, despite the sometimes overwhelming nature of this task. It was nice to do something parent-ish with Zach--I was blessed (and am blessed every day) by his enthusiasm towards being a dad. I realized all over again today just how well we complement each other.

So our registry is complete, for better or worse, although not necessarily in final form. Thank goodness for the online accessibility that Babies R Us offers. Zach and I have already made several changes since this morning as we came home and read reviews of some of the products.

1 comment:

sandy shoes said...

Hi! I found your blog by clicking "next blog" at the top of another one. This post brought back memories of visiting Babies R Us; it completely overwhelmed me. So many choices, and especially with the first baby, all you've got to go on is reviews. Makes your head spin.

Take naps :).