Sunday, February 24, 2008

Benjamin's

A few days ago Zach decided that he wanted to take me out for a nice dinner at Benjamin's, one of the more upscale restaurants in town. (We realize that we are running out of time for this kind of dining experience.) It was fabulous! I think I have a new favorite restaurant in Indiana. Too bad most of you live so far away because this place is definitely worth a visit. We started with roasted red pepper/tomato bisque that was sweet and creamy, then moved on to house salads with a creamy Italian dressing that was so delicious we started dipping our bread into it. (I know, not very elegant table manners, but we couldn't resist.) Then it was a chicken breast with lump crab meat and red peppers in a basil cream sauce for Zach and tenderloin medallions stuffed with Boursin cheese in a Merlot sauce for me. And as for the dessert tray...let's just say I wanted one of each thing they showed us but exercised restraint and split caramel cheesecake with Zach.

Sigh. Delicious food makes me so happy! Eating delicious food in a romantic setting with my husband makes me even more happy. If anyone out there is interested in babysitting an adorable baby (I'm sure he will be) in a few months so we can go back to Benjamin's, just let me know!

2 comments:

Ashley M said...

I'm so glad you've been to Benjamin's! Patrick and I love going there and Patrick usually gets what Zach did (or it sounds very similar). We should double date before Austin arrives and have some quality time at Benjamin's :)

Let me know if you end up trying the pancakes and you're not weird for drinking a lot of milk. I am sure you are very well stocked with calcium though :)

Anonymous said...

I am ready and willing to babysit on a moment's notice (okay on 14+ hours notice).