Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Surprise Shower

I went to Women's Club Book Group today expecting to just enjoy a nice discussion about our latest read, eat lunch, and come home, but after the discussion the ladies surprised me with a little baby shower! I was completely shocked, especially since I have only been part of the group for a few months. Austin received some cute clothes, a handmade sweater, some miscellaneous baby gear, and of course some books. I have been touched over and over again by how warmly the ladies of the IUP Women's Club have welcomed me into all of their activities. They have helped me enjoy my first year in Indiana so much.

1 comment:

Dayngr said...

Sounds like you have a great support system in place where you are. Wonderful! I wish we had friendlier people here locally.