Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year, and Reflections on the Old

Wow, is 2008 over already? It seems like such a short time since I was welcoming 2008 and marveling that it was finally the year in which I would become a parent. To say that life changed this year would be an understatement. I understand now how caring for a newborn can take every minute of your day, even though on the surface feeding, diapering, and napping doesn't sound like so much. I understand now that "sleeping through the night" is a relative term. I understand now that burp cloths are a girl's best friend...and cheap shirts that can afford to get spit up on. I understand how selfish I really am, but how God gives grace to overcome that. I understand the joy of seeing your child smile for the first time. I am starting to understand the awesomeness of the responsibility of introducing Austin to God.


Here at the end of Austin's first calendar year, I want to say a special thank you to all my mommy friends, especially all you girls out west that I haven't seen in so long. The phone calls, emails, and blog comments encouraged me so much and have helped me through some really tough times. I am so blessed by your friendship and wisdom.


I thought it would be fun to do a little photo retrospective to see just how much Austin has changed in the 267 days since he joined our family. Amazing, is all I can say after looking at these pics myself.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Austin has certainly been a blessing to our family in 2008! We love the "frog" pic! It sure makes us smile! We love y'all!

--Gran and Pops

Anonymous said...

It seems like just yesterday when I was racing to Pennsylvania after hearing Austin had arrived. How time flies! He is such a special little boy---so sweet and happy. He must have fabulous parents. Keep those pictures coming. We can't get enough of Austin.