Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Proof is in the Pudding (or the Cupcake)

On this Valentine's Day, how do I know Zach loves me? Because he had nothing but smiles and kind words when our Valentine's dessert turned out like this.

What in the world, you say. They are (supposed to be) heart-shaped cupcakes. I got some silicone molds at Michael's a few weeks ago and I have been very excited about trying them out. The result is not exactly the beautiful romantic treat I had in mind. Offhand I can think of about five things I could have done differently during the baking process that might have contributed to success, but this is what we have for now. Bless his heart, Zach's attitude seems to be "We have cake, we have icing, they taste good, who cares what they look like?" I am so thankful for this man!

No comments: