Sunday, February 1, 2009

Just a Few Things

Wow, I've been really bad about posting lately. I haven't taken many videos or pictures of Austin and nothing out of the ordinary has happened. But just in case I have any blog readers left, I thought I'd just tell a little bit of what has been going on around here.
  • Austin and I survived three days without Zach. (It was the first time we were home on our own without him.) God was so gracious to give me/Austin two really good days: he napped well, played happily by himself for long stretches, and slept through the nights needing no more than a pat on the back here and there. The third day was a little rougher--Austin napped less than an hour and a half all day--but knowing that Zach would be home soon made it bearable.
  • Austin is almost crawling. Between rolling, stretching, and scooting, he manages to surprise me with how far he can get. Just this morning, he was playing on the living room rug in front of me. I looked down at the computer for a few minutes, looked back up at him, and he was practically underneath the futon!
  • We bought Wii Fit last week. I love it. I get a little annoyed when the Body Test tells me my Wii Fit age is 41 just because I can't walk in place on the balance board the way I'm supposed to, but otherwise it's great. If Austin will stay asleep past the end of this post I think I'll do a little yoga!
  • I have been pretty faithful to the 5 AM club, if getting up at 5:15 to 5:30 counts. I have tried getting up early to have my quiet time many times in the past but I feel like this is the first time it has really worked for me. I think in the past I have felt an obligation to do so but not really a desire. But in this season of my life I'm finding that I can focus on reading and prayer so much better in the morning so I really enjoy being up early.
  • Most people around here looked forward to last night's big game because of, well, the big game. I looked forward to it because Zach and I decided a few days ago that we would order pizza during the game. And the pizza did not disappoint me--ham and pineapple from Venice Pizzeria. Sooooo yummy.
  • We have now had snow on the ground for about two and a half weeks. More is expected this week. I have kind of gotten used to winter weather, but it does make going out with Austin a bit difficult. If I go downtown, where most of the parking is parallel, I have to climb over huge piles of snow to get him out of his carseat, and it's not the best weather for the stroller. So we're not getting out as much as I'd like.
  • Did I mention after Austin's last doctor appointment that he weighs 22 pounds? So you can see why I'm not eager to go out much without benefit of the stroller!

Happy Groundhog Day, everyone! Punxsutawney Phil apparently predicted six more weeks of winter this morning. I HOPE that's all we get!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Thanks for the update! I feel like you...I have been awful with posting lately. Being sick for a week and then having morning sickness pretty much all day has sort of side-lined me. Perhaps I'll post a picture or two today. Wow, 22 pounds! Go Austin! He's catching up to Jonathan! He was just weighed on Monday (one week ago) and he weighed 25.5 lbs! Different babies, different bodies! =) I can't wait to meet Austin. Do you guys have plans to come to CA anytime soon? I hope so!

Anonymous said...

I second the CA plan idea :)! And, yes, 5:15/5:30 totally counts girl. You're an inspiration to me!

Love, Jamie