Sunday, February 14, 2010

Ten and Counting

I realized as I was writing Zach's Valentine's Day card that this is our tenth V-Day! One dating, one engaged, eight married. I think all but twice we have made a special meal at home instead of going out. Strangely, I can remember what we made two years ago but not last year. I looked back at old blog posts to try to jog my memory and got a good laugh out of last year's cupcakes. Still no idea what we cooked, but dessert wasn't pretty. Thankfully, this year's meal came out much more successfully. We made shells stuffed with pancetta, spinach, and lots of cheese, drenched in a creamy asiago cheese sauce. (It is one of Giada's recipes, so you can find it online.) Oh my. So good. Possibly in the top five meals I've ever eaten, certainly one of the tastiest we've made. And you know what? It looked pretty, too.

2 comments:

MOM said...

What---no photo of your beautiful dinner???

Courtney said...

Um, no picture. Sorry. Food Network has a picture on their site if you really want one.