Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Great News on a Great Day

Today is our anniversary. I've spent 8 years with the most wonderful man I could imagine! Our good friends Scott and Liz gave us the incredible gift of overnight babysitting so we could spend last night in Pittsburgh celebrating. We had an awesome dinner at a Spanish restaurant called Ibiza (serrano ham fritters=heaven on a plate), then spent the night at a Wyndham hotel we got on Priceline. (Travel tip: if they tell you your room has two double beds, mention that you're pregnant and therefore don't fit in a double bed with your husband, it's your anniversary, ask if they have a king room, and maybe you'll get a free upgrade to a king suite. With a big jacuzzi tub. Score!) It was a great mini getaway.

Then we had our second ultrasound this afternoon. We were so excited to find out that baby is indeed a girl! There was no doubt this time. Both an intern and the regular ultrasound tech were quite sure. I came right home and started washing the few girl's clothes I've allowed myself to buy. Now that we know the gender for sure, I feel even more motivated to work on that giant to-do list and get ready for this girly to arrive!

By the way, the placenta is now high enough to not be a worry, and everything else looks good. The estimated weight they gave me is 4 lbs 9 oz. 50 days left til the due date...anyone want to guess when she'll actually arrive?

4 comments:

Aimee said...

I'll guess July 23rd. =)

Anonymous said...

So excited to be expecting a granddaughter! I am guessing 7/10, 7/11, 7/17, 7/19 or 7/25 (one of the many special days in our family. She has lots of days to choose from. Can't wait to meet her and see what Austin thinks of his baby sister! Love, Gran

Grandma Susan said...

If she follows Austin's early arrival time, I would have to say July 8. But, being a girl, I know she will want to be fashionably late, and will not want to share the spotlight of birthdays with anyone else in her household,so I think it will be July 14. I can't wait to buy some girly things for my new granddaughter!

Sayling the Range said...

I answered your cupcake question on my blog http://sheldonfam.blogspot.com/2010/06/4.html and I'll put my vote in for August 2 just to be contrary :)