Thursday, October 27, 2011

Mommy-Sanctioned Mess

Last spring I bought a plastic container and a 20 pound bag of rice for Austin to play with.  I thought it was a messy activity but worth it because he loved it so much.  I would kind of grin and bear it, you know?

Well, if I thought it was messy back then, that was nothing compared to what happened when Esther got in on the action today.  Once she threw the first cupful over her shoulder I realized there was nothing to do but relax and embrace the mess.  The kids played together happily for fifteen or twenty minutes and I just sat back and enjoyed watching them.


Pretty sure this cupful got flung backward a second later.


The floor looked much worse by the time we were done.
The fun had to come to an end when Austin informed me that Esther was eating the rice.  She put it in her mouth, then tried to get it out.  I helped, then she put another handful in.  Yuck.  So I put her in her highchair with some goldfish and cleaned up the kitchen.  Thankful for a good broom. :)