Friday, January 11, 2008

Baby Stuff

Zach and I made another trip to our "big city" shopping destination of Monroeville today to buy some stuff for Austin. The first of many major purchases for our child, I'm sure. Apparently we spent enough to set off the fraud alerts at our credit card company because we had a message for us when we got home asking us to verify one of the purchases! (Kind of nice that someone...a computer, at least...is looking out for us, huh?)

So what did we get? Well, we ordered our crib and changing table/dresser. They will arrive in 7-14 days. That means that by the end of January our second bedroom will be well on its way to looking like a nursery because my mom is coming for a visit next week to help us paint and hang up a wallpaper border. So exciting! We are still looking for a glider and an area rug.

Second, we bought a camcorder. Zach, bless his heart, has done hours of research on the subject over the last two weeks. (I have no patience for that sort of thing. I'm really content for him to decide what we want, buy it, learn how to use it, and show me the basics I need to know.) But anyway, we walked into the store with a few models in mind. The very helpful Circuit City employee actually talked us into a different model, an HD version that we hadn't considered before, but we feel pretty good about our purchase. The picture quality on HD camcorders really is a major step up, even if you're shooting in standard format. (We were given a very convincing demonstration of this at the store.)

So I'm hoping to learn how to use the camcorder to post videos on my blog, but don't count on it. Like I said, I'm not one to devote lots of time to figuring out tech stuff. But maybe Zach will learn how and teach me!

No comments: