Sunday, January 6, 2008

The "Scary Little Monster" Inside

FYI...The title of this post refers to a certain baby outfit we were given for Christmas. Our parents will get it, I'm sure.

But anyway, Austin sure made his presence known this weekend. I first felt him move around 19 weeks, but his movements have been getting a lot stronger and more frequent in the past few days. Then yesterday morning Zach finally felt him for the first time! Zach was surprised at how strong it felt; I thought he was getting only a moderate taste of what this baby can do.

Then tonight Austin started kicking really hard right in the middle of my tummy so I decided to pull up my shirt and see if it was visible from the outside. Sure enough, it was, and Zach was nearby so he didn't miss out on the action. Even though I've been feeling him for a month, there was something a little startling, but very exciting, about seeing my tummy jump and ripple because of this tiny creature inside me. No doubt about it, something strong is growing inside!

1 comment:

sandy shoes said...

In some ways, I miss being pregnant :).