Monday, May 12, 2008

My Top Fives

Emily tagged me to share some of my top fives. I don't usually respond to this sort of thing but I thought this list sounded kind of fun and I feel like spending some lazy computer time in my pajamas with a cup of coffee at my side, so why not? (At least until Austin wakes up...)

1. 5 things under $5 that I couldn't live without
  • frozen custard from The Meadows, preferably cookies n cream, chocolate almond chunk, or chocolate peanut butter cup
  • chapstick
  • onesies (it's a good day if we only go through two)
  • good smelling body wash
  • pens/notepads (in multiple locations so I can always write something down if needed)
2. 5 favorite movies
  • Pride and Prejudice (the BBC/A&E version for me)
  • Bringing Up Baby
  • You've Got Mail
  • The Lord of the Rings
  • What's Up Doc?
3. 5 baby names I love (Most of these are names I like for other people's babies but that we wouldn't choose because they're too popular. Also, do you notice the lack of boys' names? Could be a problem if Austin has a brother someday.)
  • Emma
  • Elizabeth
  • Sophie
  • Grace
  • Ava
4. 5 songs I could listen to over and over again
  • In Christ Alone
  • Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing (preferably sung by a big congregation)
  • More Than You'll Ever Know by Watermark
  • Thy Mercy by Caedmon's Call
  • Dance of the Cucumber (from a VeggieTales CD; I've been playing it for Austin and I think it's just too funny for words)
5. 5 people who have influenced me in a positive way
  • Zach
  • Mom and Dad
  • Matthew Peer (my college pastor)
  • Dr. John MacArthur
  • Jamie Pitigoi-Aron
6. 5 things that are always in my purse (assuming I am carrying a purse and not just a diaper bag?)
  • credit cards
  • prenatal vitamins (so I don't forget to take them when we go out to eat)
  • pens
  • checkbook
  • chapstick
7. 5 moments that have changed my life forever
  • my salvation
  • my wedding day
  • Austin's birth
  • deciding to go to TCU
  • the day I accepted a job at LeConte Middle School
8. 5 obsessions I have now
  • feeding Austin (obsession seems like an appropriate word for something you spend 5 or 6 hours a day doing)
  • fitting back into my regular clothes (sooooo tired of maternity pants)
  • choosing which cloth diapers to buy for Austin
  • reading (Zach says I should put this even though I haven't been doing it much lately)
  • trying to get enough sleep
9. 5 places I would like to go
  • England
  • Australia
  • Botswana (thanks to the Alexander McCall Smith books I've read)
  • New England in the fall, to see the leaves
  • Grand Cayman
10. 5 appliances or kitchen tools I cannot live without
  • cheese slicer
  • my 6" chefs knife (wish I had 3 of these instead of 1)
  • teakettle
  • French coffee press (that's really for Zach, but I like him to be happy)
  • toaster
11. 5 people whose top 5's I would like to see (no pressure, anyone!)

No comments: