Thursday, May 1, 2008

Time for Comparisons

It's been a few days since we posted any new pictures of Austin. How about starting with some pictures of Austin, Mommy, and Daddy so my readership can decide who he looks like? We have our opinions but leave a comment with yours.


Austin


Austin's Daddy


Austin's Mommy

We don't have a hospital photo for Austin; he refused to open his eyes (typical of his sleepyhead self) so I'm not sure if we'll buy one or not. But if you want to see it, go to www.cherished-memories.com and put in hospital code 53, unique ID 16375.

And now for other pics of our cutie...

Starting to look sleepy


Chillin' on the bed with Dad


Austin's new diaper

Yep, that is a cloth diaper. Zach and I have been planning to use cloth for quite a while--we feel it is a good choice for the environment and we're pretty sure we will even save money. And cloth diapers are so darn cute these days! The kind we are using are called pocket diapers and they work pretty much like disposables except that you throw them into the washing machine instead of the trash when they're dirty. If you don't know much about cloth diapers, I really encourage you to look into them--they're probably not what you expect.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh so cute!!

Izaak did the same thing in the hospital photo--plus they were so expensive!! We actually took him to Walmart at 2 weeks and got a huge package for little money, and it's a beautiful newborn shot, because they took it over and over until we were happy.

Lenexicon said...

I saw Austin's got Zach's eyes and nose and Courtney's mouth and hair. So he clearly looks more like... um... I don't know. Clearly a toss-up. Or perhaps he looks like his Aunt Megan??

Anonymous said...

thanks for the note on the diapers--I'd been contemplating using cloth with Ranger but didn't know where to start, so i'll check these out!

Lindsey said...

Is that a BumGenius? If so, I know the girl that designed and created it. :)

We have done cloth off and on, but my current washing machine is not amenable. Actually, I curse that machine for not letting me do cloth diapers. >:( But I can't afford to get rid of it and replace it with a top-loader at this point (because my water bills would go way up). I've tried every trick in the book but it just will not get my cloth diapers fresh and clean. But I'll probably still use my super-cute little newborn cloth anyway, because they are just so sweet.

Austin is SO cute! I think he looks a lot like BOTH of you as newborns!

Courtney said...

Lindsey, it is a Bum Genius one-size pocket. How cool that you recognized it! I love my BGs...we decided to buy a bunch because they fit Austin better than anything else we've tried.

I didn't know you have used cloth! What kinds?

Aimee said...

Gosh, he is definitely a good mix of you two. I see features of both of you in him. However, if I had to pick one of you I'd say he looks most like Courtney. =) Now I'm curious...what do you guys think?