Friday, February 4, 2011

New Look

Lately the idea of abiding has been coming at me from all directions: links posted by friends, my morning readings in 1 John, some blogs I follow. No surprise, God knows what I need to learn. The last few weeks have been quite challenging at home and so often I've found myself impatient, frustrated, harsh...I've had to take a deep breath and ask Austin's forgiveness more times than I care to admit. And then I read words like "Now, little children, abide in Him, so that when He appears, we may have confidence and not shrink away from Him in shame at His coming." (1 John 2:28) Abide in Him. Only three words, but packed with so much meaning. I can't do this on my own. Only walking with Jesus minute by minute will allow me to be the calm, loving mommy I desire to be.

So with these thoughts floating around in my mind, I thought it was time for a few changes to the blog. Because a few thousand people are living in Indiana, PA but as a sinner saved by grace I want to do more than that, I want to abide.

1 comment:

Grandma Susan said...

Love the new look of your blog and LOVE the pictures of the kids. I miss them so much!