Thursday, June 9, 2011

Anniversary Outing

Zach and I celebrated nine years of marriage this week!  Our wonderful and generous date night-swapping friends Liz and Scott said they would watch our kids for a longer-than-usual date if we wanted to do something special.  A few days later I found out that the Duggars were going to be in Pittsburgh to sign their new book.  I'm a fan so this was exciting news for me!

Obviously people have differing opinions about this particular family, but I think they're fantastic.  Although we don't agree with 100% of their beliefs, I think we share all the essentials of the Christian faith.  They are genuine, loving, and glorify God with their words and actions.  And in person, they seem pretty much the same as they do on TV.

The whole family is on tour so Barnes and Noble had four tables set up full of Duggars.  We were directed to a table with Anna, Jessa, Jeremiah, and Johannah.  (I was kind of disappointed that you were only allowed to go one table, especially since there was not a huge crowd but oh well, you take what you get.)  I could hardly believe that Anna came on this tour; she is due to have a baby in a couple of weeks!  Now I don't personally know what it is like to be 38 weeks pregnant but I'm pretty sure traveling hundreds of miles from home wouldn't have been on my to-do list!  She said she and Josh were very excited to be there, though.

We were told that posed pictures at the table wouldn't be allowed and it was hard to get good shots from the line but here are a few I managed to snap.

The family sang before going to the table to sign books.  It was sweet to hear all the little ones' voices joining in loud and proud.

Don't you just love Johannah's signature?

I took this in the parking lot when Zach and I came out of P.F. Chang's where we ate lunch after the signing.  It's hard to see, but John David, Jinger, Josh, and one of the little boys were throwing a football around.  I thought that was so neat--I have heard them talk about their siblings being their best friends and I think this shows that they really mean it.

No comments: