Sunday, June 26, 2011

Esther's 1st Birthday, the Texas Edition

Although Esther's birthday is not until Tuesday, we celebrated with our Texas family this weekend.  (We will get to celebrate again with my side of the family in a few days, stay tuned!)  Our kids are blessed (as are we) to have such a big, loving extended family.  We really enjoyed the day with Gran and Pops, Uncle Heath, Granny and Grampa Collins (Zach's grandparents), Aunt Debbie and Uncle Paddy and their baby Faith (whom we met for the first time since God brought her to them through adoption), and Paddy's mom, "Mrs. Patty."  Unfortunately Esther seems to be on the verge of getting her first teeth and frankly, had one of her fussiest days ever, but there were lots of loving arms to hold and comfort her.

I used a ladybug theme, of course, for my little Esther Bug.  My friend Laura taught me how to make these cupcakes, and she also gave me the idea for the tablecloth.

They're watching you!

This one's watching you, too!
Esther had fun opening her presents and playing with her new toys.

It's not just me, right?  This girl is ADORABLE.


And then of course there was the cake.  Once she got going, this little chocoholic didn't stop until most of the cupcake was in her tummy or on her face.  Yeah, that's my girl!


Esther wasn't the only one covered in cupcake.  Austin took those frosting-covered hands and rubbed them in his hair!  Ah, that's what bathtubs are for.


Happy early birthday, Esther!  And fond remembrances of my Grandma Irene, from whom Esther gets her middle name, who died 18 years ago today.

1 comment:

Grandma Susan said...

So cute! I hope she enjoys her Missouri birthday as much. She'll be an old pro at cake by then.