Thursday, October 30, 2008

At Last!

Austin finally rolled over from his tummy to his back today. As with rolling from his back to his tummy, as I posted a few weeks ago, I did not see it happen the first time. The first two times, actually. I realized he was getting really close, then the phone rang. When I got back to his room he was on his back. I put him back on his tummy, ran into our room to get the camera, and once again he rolled while I wasn't there. (He's already good at doing things while I'm not looking--yikes!)

But anyway, Zach managed to capture a roll on video when he got home.

I have to admit, I am pretty relieved that Austin is doing this at last. I know all babies develop on their own timeline, but nearly seven months has been feeling pretty late for this particular milestone. I think the Lord is trying to teach me to trust Him more with Austin's development.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Austin! I can't wait to see that move in person! Love,
Gran Collins

Lindsey said...

Now he can roll places....like off your bed! This is why I'm kind of relieved that Anthony can still only roll one way (back to tummy) but I know the other way is quick to follow...so I'm on my guard at this point!

Austin looks super cute. Way to grow, little guy!