Friday, October 10, 2008

Give Peas a Chance (or, Austin Celebrates his Half-Birthday)

Wow--Austin is six months old today! And what a wonderful six months it has been. I think I love being his mommy more every day. He has gotten much more affectionate lately--when I pick him up he grins and throws his arms around my neck. True, that is almost always followed by grabbing a hunk of my hair, but it's awfully sweet anyway. His "talking" is full of new sounds that to a mommy's ears sound something like real words. (He says "Hey, you" a lot.)

Austin is STILL not rolling over. I can't tell you how many times he has come sooooo close. I grab the camera and think maybe I will capture the first time on film. No success. Austin actually seems more interested in forward motion than sideways rolling. He can scoot several inches on his belly when he's trying to get a toy in front of him.

We started giving Austin fruits and veggies this past week. And so we come to the title of this post. Here is Austin giving peas a chance.




He was not a huge fan. But we'll keep trying. In addition he has had carrots (also not a favorite, although they didn't elicit the same faces as peas) and pears (which he seems to like). Fortunately, so far Austin hasn't spit out any food, even if he doesn't seem to like it much. He is a fairly neat eater for someone so new to the process, I'd say.

Austin has a pretty adorable fall/winter wardrobe, I think. I am enjoying the change in season because I get to dress him in new clothes just about every day. Here are some favorites.



And finally, possibly one of my very favorite recent pictures of Austin. There is just nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

What a little man he is in that adorable brown sweater vest! He's so handsome! I have to say I am quite jealous that you are into your fall wardrobe...Jonathan was wearing swim trunks and a tank top at Disneyland on Tuesday as it was a sizzling 101 degrees! I am SO ready for cooler temps!