Wednesday, October 1, 2008

We're Back

Austin and I returned home yesterday from our visit to my parents' house. It was a great trip: Austin did well on all the flights, he absolutely loved playing with Grandma and Grandpa, and the lack of naps brought on by all our tooling about town did not cause him to revert to three feedings per night like our Florida trip. (Thank goodness.)

I don't think Austin remembered my mom and dad from seeing them in Florida a few months ago, but once they got reacquainted he was crazy about them. His face lit up every night when my dad came home from work, and my mom could make him laugh like nobody else.



Even though MU had a bye last weekend, Grandpa and Austin had to show off their matching Tiger spirit.We got to see Aunt Megan and Uncle Andrew several times. The pics below are from a little family get-together we had Saturday with my Aunt Jan and Uncle Steve. What's with the chicken costume, you say? Megan used to collect chicken paraphernalia, and this costume was proudly worn by her Kid Sister doll. Until we decided to try it on Austin, that is.





Friday was definitely a highlight of the trip. Megan took off work so she could hang out with Austin a little extra. She took us to the Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead where we got to see all kinds of farm animals. This time the sheep and goats did not scare Austin, unlike our previous experience at the Indiana County Fair.


Does Austin look like goat food?



Austin also met Megan's cats on Friday, his first feline encounter. I was a bit worried beforehand that they might try to scratch him or something, but apparently my worry was misplaced. Observe.

1 comment:

Lenexicon said...

Those silly kitties, being afraid of a teeny baby. And Zadie loves loves loves that brush. I couldn't believe she wasn't won over by the thought of getting her face scratched.