Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Night In

Zach and I had an at-home date last night after Austin went to bed. When you have just spent $_____ (ridiculously large amount) having your transmission rebuilt and you also have a six-month old, it becomes a very attractive idea. Not to mention, you can have that kind of date in the pajamas that you decided to put on after the aforementioned six-month old splashed you a lot during his bath.

So we turned down the lights in our dining room (love the dimmer switch), lit some candles, and enjoyed some homemade quesadillas and Mexican rice. I have a rice recipe that tastes just like it came from a restaurant, so we were hardly missing a thing except high prices. It was so nice to enjoy a leisurely meal with my husband and only my husband.

Before Austin was born a lot of people told me to continue making my marriage a priority after his birth. I understand what they meant now. Sure, Zach and I talk quite a bit every day, but one of us is usually holding the baby or playing with the baby or feeding the baby. And after Austin goes to bed it's easy to zone out with the TV or get busy catching up on work. We definitely need to have dates, even if just at home, more often.

No comments: