Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Little Bits of Normal

Ever since Austin was born, I have been feeling like in some ways my life was over and all I could see in my future was an unending sequence of nursing and naps. Today, however, I felt like a little normalcy returned to my life. My day seemed kind of like the sort of day I had only a few weeks ago, with the addition of an infant. For example:
  • I made my bed
  • I wore makeup
  • I got dressed before noon and wore a non-maternity shirt (I'm scared to try on non-maternity pants; might get depressed)
  • I unloaded the dishwasher
  • I watched American Idol
This is all little stuff, I know, but it made me feel loads better to be doing some things that feel ordinary to me.

7 comments:

Lenexicon said...

Ooh! I did some of those things too! Except make the bed. I did not do that. But I did watch American Idol. My favorite was David Cook, as per usual. Who'd you like tonight?

Aimee said...

Little stuff, yes. But the fact that you did ALL of those little things is huge! Way to go! =)

Courtney said...

The two Davids are my faves--they are the only ones worth my telephone time. But I thought Syesha (sp?) was good last night--she shouldn't win AI but she should get a good job on Broadway.

Anonymous said...

Yay normal!! I, also, got dressed, and watched American Idol. Izaak and I cast our first votes ever as well. Go Jason Castro!! (And my soul cried a little bit as I went from aloof-ironic viewer to caring enough to desire to affect the results. Oh my.)

Anonymous said...

Hey, congratulations. I just got the email from your mom. I know that you are tired now and you think your life will never be normal again but they get bigger so fast. I just wanted to let you know that I do not think you are crazy wanting to take Austin on a trip. Danny is a great traveler. He has already been on a road trip to Baton Rouge, LA to see his aunt (12.5 hrs.) and on a one day round trip to Dallas, TX(22 hrs. total) to pick up a van we bought. I believe he is such a great traveler because we started him early. We took him on a five day trip to St. Louis when he was 7 or 8 weeks old. As far as I am concerned, if you like to travel, the sooner you get them used to it, the better. Again Congrats! Talk to you soon.

Christy and John said...

good job with the baby. looks like now you have one - john

Lindsey said...

Non-maternity! Awesome! :)

Yay for some normal little things. They can really make a difference, can't they?