Wednesday, June 4, 2008

At Last

Austin's room has a bookcase at last! I have been wanting to buy this particular bookcase since January, but not having a large vehicle has prevented it from happening. Finally this past weekend one of Zach's students was able to help us buy it and bring it home from the store. Then Zach and I spent the weekend priming and painting it, Monday we hauled it up the stairs, and yesterday I joyfully arranged all the books that have been sitting around Austin's room in boxes for the past eight months. As you can see, it is pretty full already. I have been buying children's books for years. One thing I appreciate so much about my mom is that when we were kids she bought us as many books as we could wish for. I hope Austin grows to love reading like I do, so I want to surround him with good books from an early age.


And now for some bonus pictures of Austin, just because.

Ready for church in a cute new outfit

Finally caught his beautiful smile on camera!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bookcase is wonderful---and already almost full. Then I saw the next picture and thought "what a cute outfit from Uncle Rick and Aunt Diane." But then I scrolled down to the last picture and it knocked my socks off. I knew he would have a beautiful smile! Can't wait to see it in person.

Aimee said...

So cute! In that middle picture I actually see your mom in little Austin's cute face. Do you hear that very often?

Lenexicon said...

Love the outfit. Love the smile. I can't believe we missed it! We were so close! (okay, so a week and a half isn't THAT close, but I can pretend)