Saturday, June 21, 2008

Yummy

Do you have a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe? I have been searching for years, trying plenty, never 100% satisfied with my results. Well, I found a pretty good one today. And it's super-easy because it's made with "buttermilk baking mix." (If you're not sure, that means Bisquick or something like it.) I was really happy with the texture and the flavor, and my official taster (Zach) heartily approved. So I thought I'd share. This came from allrecipes.com, by the way, and I added a teaspoon of vanilla as several reviewers recommended.

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 cups buttermilk baking mix
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I never use nuts; I like my chocolate pure.)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Mix butter or margarine, sugar and egg together. Stir in baking mix, nuts, and chocolate chips.
Drop teaspoonfuls of dough about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake about 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oooh, yum is right! I tend to like my chocolate chip cookies with oatmeal and pecans, so I guess that doesn't really count as a CCC recipe. I've misplaced my most favorite one, but I can share it if I get my hands on it again (I have to ask a friend who gave it to me).

Lindsey said...

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (I found the recipe!)

1 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. white sugar
3/4 c. firmly packed sugar
2 eggs
1 teas. vanilla
1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 teas. baking soda
1/2 teas. salt
1/2 teas. ground cinnamon
3 c. uncooked oats
12 oz. package semi-sweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Beat butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla until creamy. Gradually add combined flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients. Drop by level measuring tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet (I prefer to line with parchment paper). Bake 8 minutes for chewy or 9-10 for crispy. About 4 dozen. This dough freezes well.

The friend who passed me this recipe used turbinado sugar instead of white and brown, and 1/2 wheat-1/2 white flour instead of all white.

Lindsey said...

Oops, the third line refers to brown sugar.