Monday, June 16, 2008

Drive-In

Zach and I found yet one more thing to love about Indiana, PA this weekend: we have a drive-in movie theater. We went to see the new Indiana Jones movie last night. Besides being baby-friendly, going to our local drive-in was just a cool experience. It has been open since 1950 and I don't think it's changed much in the intervening 58 years. They show double features, there was a playground at the front, and they played old ads for popcorn, hot dogs, and hamburgers over the speakers before the show. ("Enjoy a full-flavored soft drink right now! Come to the snack bar and be sure to buy enough for the whole family!" That sort of thing.) We only stayed for the first show; the second, Baby Mama, did not appeal to us much, certainly not enough to stay out until 2 or 3 in the morning. But we had a great time and hope some more good shows will play there this summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet!

PS--You missed a good show with Baby Mama...I thought it was quite funny (but perhaps not 2am funny...)

Aimee said...

How fun! I have lots of memories of drive-in theaters from my childhood. The first drive-in show that I ever saw was Lady and the Tramp and I distinctly remember being SO excited about the cool cup holders that we got to hang from our windows/doors.